Saturday, October 7

24 hours of prayer

Today I took part in a small way in a prayer event organised in the church. I found the whole time extremely challenging and also much more emotional than I expected. I was sitting reading and thinking about the verse "Be still, and know that I am God" and for probably the first time the realization of that verse dawned on me. Like many I had taken that verse to mean just as it states, to be still, to stop doing things, to slow down and just make the time to talk to and to listen to God. In an increasingly busy world both at work and at church it is becoming extremely hard to do that and I believe we must take time to "Be still". But it dawned on me today that this command to "Be still" also applies to that part of me that worries about what is going to happen, that is perturbed about events that are happening both at a personal level and at a global level, and God is saying "Be still", don't be tossed about. Don't be agitated and concerned, don't get your stomach all in a knot. But be still, be calm, be level headed and KNOW that I AM GOD

No comments: