Tuesday, July 22

Tim's 22nd

Yesterday was my second eldest 22nd birthday, so for a change and for the first time in my life we went to a sushi bar.
I have always thought that the sign of Belfast becoming a cosmopolitan city would be the opening of a sushi restaurant. Now in Belfast there are several such places. Who would have imagined in the dark days of the 70's that in the 21st century people in Belfast would be sitting down to plates of raw fish and vegetables.





It was a very enjoyable experience and the staff were extremely helpful in explaining what was on each plate. The cost depended on the colour of the dish - obviously related to what was on it.
When I got home I looked at my 11 year old daughter and reminded her how fortunate she was. I was 56 before I sat at a sushi train and here she was with that experience already taken. I wondered what it will be like for her when she reaches my age, will there still be things to look forward to experiencing?

No comments: