Sunday, July 27

Unchained melody

On Saturday evening the BBC have a music programme called "Last choir standing"
BBC - Last Choir Standing - News - Track List
I have managed to see a couple of these shows and every time I am reduced to wiping away tears as I watch. I have a deep appreciation of choir singing brought about by my fathers involvement in male voice choirs. Every time I see or hear a male choir it transports me back to days long gone and I can see people in my minds eye now long departed.
On this weeks episode a gospel choir called Revelation came top of the heat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/lastchoirstanding
They sang one song called shackles, a line of which is -Remove the shackles from my feet that I may dance, I just want to praise you- a sentiment that echoed deep within. I would say every time I praise God I'm shackled by chains of some sort, whether it's memories, or embarrassment or fear of what someone is thinking. Watch it as a link above or as sung by the composer on you tube

No comments: