Tuesday, December 12

Christmas spirit.


Having a nine year old daughter helps you remember that soon it will be Christmas. For the last few weeks there has been this build up of lunacy and excitement that only a nine year old girl can display, non stop talking and acting up. It has reached the point at the moment where it is impossible to keep her in bed in the morning and generally she has been getting up at 6.30am. The excitement of Christmas is still very much alive for her and long may it last. I think that I have lost that, I attended the first "Christmas " do on Saturday but to me it was just another event. None of that "Christmas spirit" was present. I don't think as adults it is ever possible to have the outlook of a child. Our experiences harden us and our materialism makes the receiving of gifts sometimes very mundane. I remember as a child being fascinated by the gift of a hamper from my uncle in Birmingham and I can still remember the wonder of the tins of delicacies which today I take for granted. However the tree is now up and the house is decorated Christmas is a coming.

No comments: