Tuesday, October 23

Collective nouns.

I attended a seminar yesterday at Altnegelvin Hospital, nothing exciting, all to do with document management systems, but it enabled me to be home earlier than needed to pick up my daughter from Irish dance class. As it was a sunny afternoon I took the proverbial walk along the marina.
It was then I spotted something I had never seen before-about eight seals just lying basking in the afternoon sun, lying on rocks just under the water that made it appear that the seals where floating.




As usual the digital camera was in the car so excuse the phone pics,



Which brings me to the title of this blog-what is the collective noun for seals? Is it a school, a pack a herd or maybe just alot!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's a herd of seals. In fact I'm quite sure it is.

Anonymous said...

You have a choice. Its a herd, harem (!), trip or rookery of seals or alternatively for a small herd - a pod of seals.

Anonymous said...

And theres more:
apparently theres also a crash, colony, team or spring of seals.
So basically you can call them whatever you like!