Sunday, October 28

Things I haven't heard before.


Gerry Anderson on his radio show (BBC - Northern Ireland - Homepage) often comes out with the statement "I haven't said that before on the radio", well I thought I'd start a run on things I haven't heard before. Please feel free to add your suggestions to this comment.
This morning in church the speaker came out with the statement "lets play chopsticks for God this week"
Now don't get me wrong I am not criticising the speaker-far from it- it followed on from a good illustration, but in my twisted mind as he said it the thought "I haven't heard that before in church" came to mind and hence this post.

3 comments:

Pluto said...

My friend came off with a great one recently. "What colour is your confidence, now?" He claims its an East Belfast expression meaning "You're not so brave, now"
Can't wait to read other entries.

Pluto said...

Heard a new one last night. A friend was talking about a man having a big appetite and said: "He could eat a gravedigger's piece."

the bald eagle said...

Heard this the other Saturday "I don't need another preyer meeting-I need a cream bun"